Southeastern Surveying and Mapping Corporation, founded in 1972, is a 100% employee-owned company, providing services for land surveying and mapping, subsurface utility engineering, and geographic information systems.
We are currently seeking a highly skilled and motivated Survey Crew Chief to join our team in our TAVARES location.
As Survey Crew Chief, you are responsible for directing, participating and controlling work activities of personnel operations, technical skills, and manual labor. You will lead field surveying activities, including maintenance of survey equipment, staying abreast of the latest surveying methods, and recommending revisions to the surveying procedures.
- Performs field work related to performing all types of surveys, including boundary surveys, construction layout, topographic mapping, and as-built.
- Accurately runs and adjusts survey instruments including GPS, robotic total stations, level and other electronic measuring devices with electronic data collecting capabilities.
- Performs mathematical calculations. Reads and understands survey map data and construction plans.
- Takes accurate and legible survey notes and performs simple note reduction and checking.
- Reporting daily progress to the Project Manager.
- Ability to take ownership of a project and instruct crew on accurate and efficient methods.
- May carry out other duties as assigned by management.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- A High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Associates Degree in related field is preferred.
- 4+ years of experience operating survey instruments and collecting information in the field and performing field computations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of principles of survey measurement, staking and marking.
- CST is preferred but not required
- Valid driver's license and a clean driving record.
- Some overnight travel may be required
- Prior experience surveying, and proven performance of all Rodman and Instrument Man tasks.
- Must be able to obtain badges and certifications that are necessary to enter sites and perform work (ie. M.O.T., School badges, Duke Energy, CSX, DOD, etc.)
SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to work in inclement weather.
- Ability to work with others in a team setting.
- Ability to take instruction and constructive criticism.
- Computer skills and technical competence.
- Ability to work overtime and work out of town, if the job requires.
- Ability to deal with the public while completing work tasks.
- Reflects positive desire to be a valuable member of Team SSMC.
- Punctuality and regular attendance required; appropriate dress and appearance.
- Ability to perform physical tasks such and walking long distances, standing for long periods,
- Frequently lifting and moving up to 25 pounds and occasionally lifting and moving up to 100 pounds.
Ability to perform physical tasks such and walking long distances, standing for long periods, frequently lifting and moving up to 25 pounds and occasionally lifting and moving up to 100 pounds. Work may require climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, walking on uneven ground, squatting, crawling, and grasping. Ability to clear lines with power equipment or hand tools is required.
May require frequent exposure to adverse and hazardous environmental conditions including but not limited to excessive noise levels, inclement weather conditions, exposure to wastewater, working in congested residential areas, in and around main highways and roads, trenches and deep excavations. Employee will be exposed to dirt, dust, noises,
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. Occasional evening, weekend and overtime work may be required to complete projects. Must be open to travel to remote field locations, including overnight stays, as needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We can make a difference, TOGETHER!
- Extremely Competitive Compensation!
- Great Benefits Package!
- Generous PTO!
- Education Reimbursement!
For consideration, please apply online at:
Southeastern Surveying & Mapping Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer