The Tavares Chamber of Commerce is an economic development engine. Our mission is to advocate on behalf of businesses in Tavares and throughout Lake County creating greater opportunity for all.
Southeastern Surveying and Mapping Corporation, founded in 1972, is a 100% employee-owned company, providing services for land surveying and mapping, subsurface utility engineering, and geographic information systems.
We are currently seeking a highly skilled and motivated Project Surveyor to join our team in our ORLANDO location.
As Project Surveyor, you will assist scanning, construction staking, GIS, BIM, boundary, and topographic survey projects. You will draft maps and topographic surveys, build 3D models, and assist field crews. Project Surveyors are required to demonstrate a more comprehensive knowledge of surveys and field operations. The individual in this position is well versed in the day-to-day operational functions of a field and/or office survey organization under the direction of a Project Manager.
- Serve as a team leader with emphasis on technical abilities, leadership skills, or management abilities on survey projects.
- Research survey and records. Reduce field survey data.
- Prepare Topographic, Record of Survey, Houseline Plats, ALTA, and Subdivision Maps. Perform map checking.
- Analyzes reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, tests, and aerial photographs to plan and design projects
- Performs boundary calculations, analysis, and field support calculations.
- Use computer-assisted surveying software and equipment to prepare surveying documents.
- Work with office and field survey technicians to accomplish project tasks.
- Develop estimate, scope, schedule, and agreement for proposed projects.
- Communicate with clients and agency personnel, as necessary.
- Serving as a project manager, or team leader, prepare and monitor project budgets.
- Has overall responsibility for the profitability of his/her projects.
- Generate new business leads using various marketing strategies.
- Engage and assist in client marketing.
- May serve as primary client contact and supervise and monitor client relationship strategies.
- May work with other teams, departments, and/or offices to assure that expert staff are consulted when appropriate for a project concern/issue.
- Responsible for control of work-in-process, ensures accurate client billings, and conducts outstanding accounts receivable and collection efforts on his/her projects.
- Lead projects from planning to completion.
- Guide the field and office crew members in the performance of their duties and mentoring and coaching them to advance within the survey profession as their individual abilities allow
- Ability to read and interpret engineering plans and construction documents.
- Accommodate client and job site needs by responding to all inquiries in a timely and professional manner.
- Occasionally work in the field performing surveying tasks.
- Carry out other duties as assigned by management.
- Surveyor-in-Training (SIT), or Certified Survey Technician IV preferred.
- 2-year degree in Geomatics/Surveying, Engineering Technology, or 4-year degree in Engineering or related field, from an accredited vocational school, college, university or combination of experience and training which demonstrates the ability to perform the above-described duties.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of managing/surveying infrastructure projects supporting state and local government agencies.
- Strong computer skills with CAD and Land Surveying software.
- Capable of managing his/her projects, communicating well with clients, and mentoring junior level staff members.
- Familiarity with state and county mapping requirements.
- Proficient with AutoCAD, other CAD programs, and Microsoft Office suite
- Strong sense of urgency and self-initiative to meet client deadlines.
- Must have the ability to communicate well with clients and other members of the project team.
- Works with integrity and ethically; supports organization’s culture, goals, and values.
Requires a valid driver’s license and must maintain eligibility to drive as per the Company Vehicle policy.
May occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Regularly required to sit, talk, or listen.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required to complete projects.
We can make a difference, TOGETHER!
- Extremely Competitive Compensation!
- Great Benefits Package!
- Generous PTO!
- Education Reimbursement!
For consideration, please apply online at:
Southeastern Surveying and Mapping Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.